I would like to personally welcome you and extend
my appreciation for your cooperation and concern
towards the unity and development of Tanzanians
here in DMV.
Our motto is 'Promoting
Unity among Tanzanians in Washington DC, Maryland
Virginia regardless of peoples' religions, political
affiliations or genders.
Tanzania, it was more than one hundred tribal
units which lost their freedom; it was one nation
that regained it"
Mwalimu Julius Nyerere.
As the President of our Association, my main task,
which extends to all members and the purpose of
our Association, is:
- Seeing to the welfare of all Tanzanians in the
- Fostering a stronger relationship among Tanzanians
in the DMV.
- Promoting mutual understanding and cooperation
among Tanzanians in
- Making sure our Association acts as the only
representative body and mouthpiece
of members and people with interest in Tanzanian
- Dedicating ourselves to the unity, progress
and strength of our Association.
- Organizing and implementing social, cultural
and educational activities that meet
the needs and interests of members.
- Working cooperatively with public and private
agencies, businesses, and community
organizations through the exchange of ideas on
issues of interest to our members
and the community.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the members
of your Executive team or the Board as we remain
committed to working in partnership with all of
our Association members.
Iddi Sandaly, President